This design celebrates the Landmarks of the Poolbeg Peninsula, Including the Poolbeg Stacks, The Poolbeg Lighthouse, The great Wall and Sandycove strand.
The Poolbeg peninsula began contruction in the 1700's.The name “Poole Begge” referred originally to a tidal pool located out into Dublin harbour and is surrounded by sand bars.This was where the Poolbeg lighthouse was built in 1767. The lighthouse was connected to land by the Great South Wall completed in 1795.
The Poolbeg chimneys completed in 1971 are among the tallest structures in Ireland and are visible from most of Dublin city! Standing at 681 ft high.